POSITION: TOPWA Outreach Worker
SALARY: $21,000.00 – $24,000.00
OPEN DATE: 3/27/2018
- Florida Department of Health 500 and 501 HIV/AIDS certification
- A valid driver’s license and clean record.
TOPWA is unique in that outreach workers are employed to go out into the community and public venues to enroll pregnant women who have yet to access care. Outreach workers should identify and frequent specific venues where clients may be found. These include, but are not limited to: bars/club, laundromats, business establishments, hospitals, malls, low-income housing complexes, social organizations, street locations, homeless/domestic violence shelters, jails, substance abuse treatment centers, and mental health facilities.
Upon identifying a specific area or venue to visit regularly, outreach workers should develop and implement strategies to assist with marketing the program within the specified area. This may include, but is not limited to: flyers, tabling nontraditional outreach hours, holding community wide health fairs, baby showers and collaborative events with local agencies.
- Enrollment of new clients monthly
- Brief Intake/Enrollment screening
- Administer Pregnancy test
- Administer HIV test
- Provide HIV/AIDS, STD, and health education and information
- Linkage to appropriate resources to pregnant mothers
- Linkage to other social support services
- Care Plan Development
- Review and Acknowledge
- Client Rights and Responsibilities
- Medical Information Release/Consents
- Maintain Client File
- Conduct Client Survey
- Work at different location as assigned