POSITION: Healthcare Support Specialist – Orange County (Bilingual Preferred)
SALARY: $25,000.00 – $28,000.00
OPEN DATE: 5/1/2018
- Associate Degree in social science or health field or Bachelor’s degree in a field other than social science or health and have a minimum of one year of case management experience.
- A valid driver’s license and clean record.
- Bilingual preferred
Healthcare Support Specialist is a supportive model that is responsible for determining RW Part A eligibility for and linkage to RW funded services. Healthcare Support Specialist is designed as the initial contact with newly dx patients and those who are returning to care after an extended (more than 6 months) absence of utilizing RW funded services.
The goal of Healthcare Support Specialist is to meet the immediate health and psychological needs of the client at their level of readiness in order to restore or sustain client stability, and to establish a supportive relationship that can lead to enrollment in more comprehensive case management services, if needed.
- Ryan White Eligibility Determination
- Brief Intake/Enrollment screening
- Acuity Assessment
- Selection of appropriate case management model
- Supportive (NCMC)
- Linkage to Ryan White Funded Services
- Linkage to other social support services
- Care Plan Development
- Review Acknowledge
- Client Rights and Responsibilities
- Medical Information Release/Consents
- Maintain Client File
- Limited Case Management