Miracle of Love’s newest program is to provide nutritional supplements as a service under the Ryan White Program. Miracle of Love is the ONLY Ryan White participating agency in Central Florida to offer this service to those who qualify.
To qualify for the nutritional supplement program, persons must be
- HIV positive
- Live in Orange, Osceola, Seminole or Lake Counties
- Must be low income or at the below 400% of the Florida Poverty Level
- Cannot be receiving the same services from Medicaid, Project AIDS Care or Insurance.
In order to participate, the medical provider must refer the individual to the Dietician (Health Department or VA facility, etc.) who will complete the nutritional assessment of that person.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Optimize nutrition status, immunity and overall well-being
- Prevent the development of specific nutrient deficiencies
- Promote the attainment and maintenance of optimal body weight and composition
- Reduce the risk of onset complications, such as diabetes, cardiovascular, kidney or liver disease (or other HIV related complications)
- Minimize health care costs