POSITION: PEER Navigator
SALARY: $25,000.00 – $30,000.00
OPEN DATE: 12/13/2018
- A valid driver’s license and clean record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Provides a range of client-centered services that links clients with health care, psychosocial and other services to insure timely, coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services, continuity of care, ongoing assessment of the client’s and other family members’ needs and personal support systems, and inpatient case management that prevents unnecessary hospitalization or that expedite discharge, as medically appropriate, from inpatient facilities.
- Enroll a minimum of two (2) HIV infected clients to the peer program per month. Work collaboratively with primary care and case management staff to identify newly diagnosed or lost to care consumers who can benefit from peer support.
- Support consumers in navigating the clinic system and community resources
- Engage consumers expected to start ARV regimens in an assessment of readiness for treatment, provide education on HIV medications, anticipated benefits/side effects and importance of adherence. Maintain accurate and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS disease information
- Assess and enhance consumer knowledge in following areas: Adherence/Compliance, Education, Support, Navigating the system, Advocacy
- Maintain contact with a minimum of 16 HIV positive clients per month (inclusive of new enrollees)
- Conduct HIV testing and counseling/STD screening as assigned to reach agency required deliverable’s (HIV Test: 100 monthly).
- Attend mandatory departmental and agency meetings as informed by Miracle of Love administration (i.e., Ryan White Network meeting, Agency Staff meeting, Multi-Disciplinary meeting, Case Management Staffing, PLWH/A Caucus Meeting Ryan White Community Meeting), HIV Planning Council)
- Maintains all required and appropriate client documentation records and progress notes for assigned cases in accordance with Miracle of Love, Inc. policy and procedures set forth by Orlando EMA Peer Mentoring guidelines.
- Assist in daily function and activities at Stafford House.
- Implementation of Stafford House rules and regulations that are in compliance with Miracle of Love policies and procedure.
- Conduct PrEP screening and education.
- Schedule availability for weekend or after hour’s duties.
- Florida Department of Health 500 and 501 HIV/AIDS certification
- Teach recipients to advocate for the services that they want/need.
- Assist recipients in building social skills in the community that will enhance increased employment and Meaningful Community Activity.
- Develop knowledge base and contacts in community to assist with providing needed resources to recipient; also provide consultation for clinical staff on community-based resources.
- With assistance from clinical staff, assist the recipient in obtaining information regarding support or advocacy organizations for additional support as appropriate and needed.
- Establish, support, and oversee the client individual care plan.
- Connect recipients with community based resources to facilitate community integration.
- As relevant, participates in the individual service planning process and attend case management staffing, team meetings, and any other site location meeting.
- Conducts frequent community visits, including but not limited to, private homes, jail facilities, office/clinic locations, hospitals, and group homes.
- Adheres to minimum productivity and documentation requirements.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job included close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Physical or mental ability to carry our the activities of position responsibilities.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to bodily fluids, weather conditions prevalent at the time of duty. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.