POSITION: Community Outreach Coordinator
SALARY: $28,000.00 – $30,000.00
OPEN DATE: 12/13/2018
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license and clean record.
Providing prevention services, including assessing clients’ needs, develop coaching techniques, and conducting community outreach and recruitment in conventional and unconventional settings.
- Identify high risk sero-negative and HIV sero-positive clients for program.
- Conduct HIV testing and counseling/STD screening as assigned to reach agency required deliverables (HIV Test: 100 monthly).
- Assist with monthly condom distribution of 3,667 during outreach events, drop-off sites and/or other venues or events.
- Ensure activities are aimed at linking the clients into wrap around services.
- Providing prevention services as needed, including assessing clients’ needs, developing individual prevention plans, and maintaining documentation of services and staff activity.
- Conduct routine follow-up with clients that were referred for services as documented on the linkage form.
- Participate in the production of three (3) community events with business partners annually. Ensure one event coincides with the National HIV/AIDS Testing Day during the month of June and the other event coincides with World AIDS Day in December.
- Develop publicity and promotional materials for program.
- Post a monthly minimum of thirty (10) HIV prevention related messages on MSM dating platform (e.g. Jack’d, Grinder, and Adam4Adam). Keep and maintain copies of all social media messaging throughout the term on contract year.
- Complete on-call assignments and provides back-up coverage as requested by the supervisor in accordance with agency procedures and schedules.
- Preparing and maintaining client records.
- Attend mandatory departmental and agency meetings as informed by Miracle of Love administration (i.e., Agency Staff meeting, Multi-Disciplinary meeting, HIV Planning Council)
- Conduct PrEP screening and education.
- Schedule availability for weekend or after hour duties.
- Assist in daily function and activities at Stafford House.
- Implementation of Stafford House rules and regulations that are in compliance with Miracle of Love policies and procedure.
- Florida Department of Health 500 and 501 HIV/AIDS certification
- Clean criminal history
- Planning: ability to think ahead for activity planning
- Management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships, empathizes, and communicates with clients and family members.
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Ability to use various computer databases and programs.
- AA or AS degree
- Experience in the field of testing and counseling population
- Knowledge of professional ethics relating to counseling.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job included close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Physical or mental ability to carry ouT the activities of position responsibilities.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to bodily fluids, weather conditions prevalent at the time of duty. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.