Business Responds to AIDS” (BRTA) is based on building partnerships among businesses, health departments, community based organizations and government agencies to promote the development of comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs. BRTA encourages business executives, managers and leaders to undertake comprehensive workplace HIV education that includes developing written HIV policies; providing employee education; supporting education efforts for employees’ families; and providing corporate support and encouraging employees to provide volunteer support for community HIV-prevention activities. In addition, the program encourages businesses to educate their customers on HIV. By collaborating with area businesses, Miracle of Love is able to increase HIV/AIDS awareness in Central Florida while gaining the community supporting in assisting with HIV prevention.
Becoming a BRTA partner is easy! Follow a few simple steps to become a BRTA partner, and complete the engagement card below. Following submission, a BRTA representative will reach out to you to provide you with information about your partnership commitment.
- Visibility – The program provides a national platform for businesses to showcase their efforts in addressing HIV in the workplace.
- Productivity – By retaining employees, businesses increase productivity by reducing direct costs associated with extended absence due to illness, turnover, recruitment, separation, and lost institutional knowledge.
- Profitability – By demonstrating a commitment in the fight against HIV, businesses garner respect and brand loyalty that can generate financial returns, align to stakeholder needs, and attract positive consumer responses.
- Accessibility – BRTA provides access to accurate, timely, and relevant HIV information, resources and peer-based technical assistance.
- Connectivity – Initiative facilitates access to a diverse network of like-minded businesses and stakeholders.
Why we need you?
As a partner of the Business Responds to AIDS initiative, you will join other local merchants in building a stronger, healthier community by making FREE testing, condoms or educational classes available to your customers or employees. You have a powerful voice of leadership in the community and your participation will increase community impact.
why you should care?
AIDS is not over – It’s still an epidemic in our community.
- Number of people living with diagnosed HIV in 2015: 11,454
- 73% of people living with diagnosed HIV in 2015 were men, and 27% were women.
- 39% of people living with diagnosed HIV in 2015 were black, 27% Hispanic/Latino, and 32% white.
- Number of deaths of people with diagnosed HIV in Florida in 2014: 1,916
BUSINESS RESPONDS TO AIDS PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
For more information, please contact Alicyn Mulder, Prevention Program Manager at AMulder@miracleofloveinc.org or (407) 843-1760 Ext. 145